India is a country with a rich and diverse culture, and this is reflected in its traditional clothing. There are many different types of ethnic wear in India, each with its own unique history and significance.
Here are some of the most popular types of ethnic wear in India:
- Saris: Saris are one of the most iconic forms of Indian clothing. They are a long piece of fabric that is wrapped around the body in a variety of ways. Saris can be made from a variety of fabrics, including silk, cotton, and georgette. They are typically worn by women, but they can also be worn by men.Opens in a new windowindinextventure.comSaris Indian ethnic wear
- Kurta: Kurtas are long, loose-fitting shirts that are typically worn by men. They can be made from a variety of fabrics, including cotton, silk, and linen. Kurtas are often paired with pajamas or churidar pants.Opens in a new windowwww.ajio.comKurta Indian ethnic wear
- Salwar Kameez: Salwar kameez is a popular outfit for women in India. It consists of a long, loose-fitting top called a kameez and a pair of loose-fitting pants called salwar. Salwar kameez can be made from a variety of fabrics, including cotton, silk, and georgette. They are often decorated with embroidery or prints.Opens in a new windowid.pinterest.comSalwar Kameez Indian ethnic wear
- Lingajamelum: This is a traditional dress worn by women in South India. It is a long, flowing garment that is typically made from silk or cotton. The lingajamelum is often decorated with intricate embroidery or prints.hide_imageCan’t find image. Sorry, Bard is experimental.
- Meghalaya Shawl: This is a shawl that is typically worn by women in Meghalaya, India. It is made from wool and is typically black or red in color. The meghalaya shawl is often decorated with traditional tribal motifs.Opens in a new windowin.pinterest.comMeghalaya Shawl Indian ethnic wear
- Panjabi Suit: This is a traditional outfit for men in Punjab, India. It consists of a long, loose-fitting shirt called a kurta and a pair of loose-fitting pants called churidar. Punjabi suits are often made from cotton or silk and are often decorated with embroidery or prints.Opens in a new windowwww.amazon.inPunjabi Suit Indian ethnic wear
These are just a few of the many types of ethnic wear in India. Each region of India has its own unique style of clothing, and this reflects the country’s rich and diverse culture.